Experiencing the frustration of a phone that won’t turn on can be incredibly frustrating, but fear not! There are some simple ways to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue without having to rush out and buy a new phone. In this article, we’ll provide you with 5 easy steps to fix your non-responsive phone in Malaysia, using readily available tools and resources.
Step 1: Check Your Charger and Cable
The first thing to do is to inspect your charger and cable. Sometimes, the problem may not lie with your phone itself but with the charging equipment. Here’s what to do:
- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Allow the device to charge for approximately 15 minutes.
- Disconnect the cable from your phone.
- Reconnect the cable within 10 seconds of disconnecting it.
- Continue charging your phone for an additional 30 minutes.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds.
- If your screen displays the “Restart” option, tap on it.
If your phone turns on, congratulations – you’ve successfully resolved the issue! If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Clean Your Charging Port
A dirty or obstructed charging port can prevent your phone from receiving the necessary power to turn on. Dust, lint, or debris can accumulate in this area and obstruct the connection.
Here’s how to clean your charging port:
- Ensure your phone is powered off.
- Use a toothpick, needle, or a small brush to gently remove any dirt or lint from the port.
- Blow compressed air into the port to dislodge any remaining dust.
- Try charging your phone again using a different cable and adapter.
If your phone turns on after this cleaning, great job! If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Force Restart Your Phone
Sometimes, a software glitch or a frozen screen can cause your phone to become unresponsive. In such cases, forcing a restart can often resolve the issue.
To perform a force restart, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons when you see the logo of your phone’s brand appear on the screen.
- Wait for your phone to restart as usual.
If your phone successfully restarts, you’ve addressed the problem! If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Call Your Phone
To determine if your phone is truly dead or if it has a screen issue, try calling it from another device. If your phone rings or vibrates, it suggests your phone is still functional but the screen may not be displaying anything.
Follow these steps to call your phone:
- Find another phone that has your number saved in its contacts.
- Call your phone and listen for any sound or vibration.
- If you hear or feel any response, attempt to answer the call by swiping or tapping where you believe the answer button is located.
- If you successfully answer the call, speak to the person on the line and ask for assistance in troubleshooting the screen problem.
If you don’t receive any response, proceed to the final step.
Step 5: Visit a Phone Repair Shop
If none of the previous steps yield results, it’s time to seek help from a professional phone repair shop. These experts can diagnose and rectify hardware or software issues that may be causing your phone to remain unresponsive.
In Malaysia, one of the reputable phone repair shops is SPR – SmartPhone Repair. With 15 years of experience in repairing major smartphone brands, they offer fast service with a 24-hour turnaround time. Certified technicians use genuine spare parts, and their repairs come with a warranty.
To visit SPR – SmartPhone Repair, follow these steps:
- WhatsApp them at +6018-394 4559 to make an appointment.
- Select the nearest branch from their website at https://sprtech.com.my/.
- Take your phone to the chosen shop for repair.
That’s it! You’ve learned 5 easy steps to address the issue of a phone that won’t turn on in Malaysia. We hope this article proves helpful and informative. If you found it beneficial, consider sharing it with friends and family who may encounter similar problems. Thank you for reading, and have a great day!