As a business owner in Malaysia, keeping your SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) registration up to date is crucial. SSM oversees businesses and companies in the country, and having a valid SSM registration is a legal requirement. Failing to renew it can lead to penalties and operational issues.
But there’s good news – renewing your SSM online is quick and convenient. You can do it from anywhere with an internet connection, saving you time and avoiding the need to visit a physical SSM office or bank.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the five straightforward steps to renew your SSM online in Malaysia using the official EzBiz portal. EzBiz is an online service provided by SSM that allows you to register, renew, change, or terminate your business registration. It’s available 24/7 and accepts credit card or FPX (online banking) payments.
Step 1: Register and Verify Your EzBiz Account
Before you can begin the renewal process, you’ll need an EzBiz account. To create one, follow these steps:
- Visit https://ezbiz.ssm.com.my/ and click “Register.”
- Fill in your personal information, including your name, IC number, email address, and phone number.
- Create a username and password for your account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then click “Submit.”
- You’ll receive a verification email from EzBiz; click the link in the email to confirm your account.
- You’ll also receive a verification SMS from EzBiz; enter the code from the SMS to verify your phone number.
Once your account is verified, you can log in to EzBiz using your username and password.
Step 2: Select Your Business Renewal Option
After logging in, you’ll see your EzBiz dashboard with various options. To initiate your SSM renewal, click on “My Business Service” and choose “Renewal by Owners.”
You’ll see a list of your registered businesses. Select the business you want to renew and click the “Action” icon.
You have two renewal options:
- Renewal by Year: Renew your SSM for one to five years. The cost is RM30 per year for personal name businesses and RM60 per year for trade name businesses, with an additional RM5 per year for each branch.
- Renewal by Date: Renew your SSM up to a specific date. The fee is calculated based on the number of days between the expiry date and the renewal date.
Choose the option that suits your needs and click “Next.”
Step 3: Confirm Your Business Details
On the following page, review your business details, such as the business name, address, type, and owner’s particulars. Ensure that all information is accurate and up-to-date.
If you need to make changes to your business particulars (e.g., address, business type, or owner’s information), you can do so by clicking “Change Business Particulars.” Note that there’s a RM20 fee for changing business particulars.
If everything is correct, click “Next.”
Step 4: Make the Payment
On the next page, you’ll see the total amount due for renewing your SSM online. You can make the payment using either a credit card or FPX (online banking).
For credit card payments:
- Choose “Credit Card” as your payment method.
- Enter your credit card details, including the card number, expiry date, CVV code, etc.
- Click “Pay Now.”
- You’ll be directed to a secure payment gateway. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment.
For FPX payments:
- Choose “FPX” as your payment method.
- Select your bank from the dropdown list.
- Click “Pay Now.”
- You’ll be redirected to your bank’s website. Log in to your online banking account and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment.
Step 5: Download Your Receipt and Certificate
After making the payment, you’ll receive a confirmation page with your transaction details. You can download your receipt and certificate of registration by clicking the respective buttons.
You can also access these documents later by logging in to EzBiz and selecting “My Transaction History.”
Congratulations! You’ve successfully renewed your SSM online in just five simple steps. You can now continue to operate your business legally and confidently.
Renewing your SSM online is a breeze with EzBiz. It’s available 24/7, accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, and eliminates the need for physical visits to SSM offices or banks.
In this guide, we’ve shown you how to renew your SSM online in Malaysia in five easy steps using the official EzBiz portal. We hope you find this information helpful.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading, and best of luck with your renewal!