If you’re a Maybank customer in Malaysia using the MAE app or Maybank2u website for online banking, you might encounter issues with Secure2u notifications.
Secure2u is designed for secure and convenient transaction approvals through push notifications on your smartphone. However, if you face problems with it, here are five troubleshooting tips to help you resolve Secure2u Maybank MAE notification issues.
Tip 1: Activate Secure2u on the MAE App
Ensure you have activated Secure2u on the MAE app. If you’re still using Secure2u on the M2U MY app, migrate to the MAE app as Secure2u on the M2U MY app will be discontinued. Activate Secure2u on the MAE app by following these steps:
- Download the MAE app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Huawei AppGallery.
- Launch the app and tap ‘Secure2u’ under Quick Actions.
- Tap ‘Activate Now.’
- Confirm your mobile number and enter the One Time Password (OTP) received via SMS.
- Enter your ID number.
- Confirm your device name.
Now, you’ll be able to use Secure2u to approve transactions after the 12-hour activation period.
Tip 2: Check Internet Connection and Notification Settings
Verify your internet connection and notification settings to ensure Secure2u notifications reach your smartphone:
- Ensure a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data).
- Confirm that your phone has sufficient battery and isn’t in power-saving mode.
- Check notification settings on your phone to allow the MAE app to send push notifications.
- Ensure your phone’s date and time settings are accurate and set to your time zone.
If unsure how to adjust these settings, consult your phone’s user manual or contact the manufacturer for guidance.
Tip 3: Keep the MAE App Updated
Outdated versions of the MAE app may lead to notification issues. Regularly update the app to the latest version for new features, bug fixes, and security enhancements:
- Open your smartphone’s app store (Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Huawei AppGallery).
- Search for ‘MAE by Maybank.’
- If an update is available, tap ‘Update.’
- Once the update is complete, launch the MAE app.
Tip 4: Use Secure Verification Instead of Secure TAC
Consider using Secure Verification if Secure2u notifications aren’t working. Secure Verification provides a 6-digit code displayed in the MAE app for transaction approval, similar to SMS TAC but more reliable. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the MAE app or Maybank2u website to perform a transaction.
- On the transaction confirmation page, select ‘Secure Verification’ instead of ‘Secure TAC.’
- Launch the MAE app and tap ‘Secure Verification’ under Quick Actions.
- Enter the 6-digit code displayed on the transaction confirmation page.
- Proceed with ‘Approve’ or ‘Reject’ as needed.
Secure Verification is available for transactions made via the MAE app or Maybank2u website, excluding online card transactions using Maybank Debit or Credit cards.
Tip 5: Contact Maybank Group Customer Care (MGCC)
If the issues persist, reach out to Maybank Group Customer Care (MGCC) for further assistance. MGCC provides dedicated support for Maybank customers. Here’s how to contact MGCC:
- Call 1-300-88-6688 or email email@example.com.
- Visit your nearest Maybank/Maybank Islamic branch.
- Note that some branches offer weekend service for added convenience.
By following these five tips, you can effectively troubleshoot Secure2u Maybank MAE notification issues in Malaysia, ensuring a secure and seamless online banking experience with Maybank. Activate Secure2u on the MAE app and enjoy the benefits of enhanced security and convenience.