If you are an AmBank customer, you might want to change your ATM card PIN number online for security reasons or personal preference. Changing your PIN number online is convenient and easy, and you can do it anytime and anywhere with AmOnline, AmBank’s internet and mobile banking service.
In this blog post, we will show you how to change your AmBank ATM card PIN number online in 3 easy steps. You will also learn about the benefits of changing your PIN number online and some tips to keep your PIN number safe.
Benefits of Changing Your PIN Number Online
Changing your PIN number online has several benefits, such as:
- You can change your PIN number anytime and anywhere, as long as you have internet access and your AmOnline account.
- You can choose your own PIN number that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
- You can avoid the hassle of going to the ATM or branch to change your PIN number.
- You can enhance the security of your ATM card by changing your PIN number regularly.
How to Change Your PIN Number Online
To change your PIN number online, you need to have an AmOnline account. If you don’t have one, you can register for free at AmOnline or download the AmOnline app on your mobile device.
Once you have an AmOnline account, follow these 3 easy steps to change your PIN number online:
Step 1: Log in to AmOnline
Log in to AmOnline via web or app on your mobile device using your username and password. If you have enabled Quick Access, Face ID, Touch ID or Fingerprint authentication, you can use them to log in faster.
Step 2: Go to the Credit Card and Click on Change Pin
On the main menu, go to the Credit Card section and select the card that you want to change the PIN number for. Then, click on the Change Pin option.
Step 3: Follow the Process to Change Pin
You will be asked to enter your current PIN number and then your new PIN number twice. Make sure that your new PIN number is different from your current one and that it is not easy to guess. You can use a combination of numbers that are meaningful to you but not obvious to others.
After entering your new PIN number, you will need to confirm the change by entering a Transaction Authorization Code (TAC) that will be sent to your registered mobile phone number. Enter the TAC and click on Confirm.
You will see a confirmation message on the screen and receive a receipt via email. Your new PIN number is now activated and ready to use.
Tips to Keep Your PIN Number Safe
Changing your PIN number online is a simple and convenient way to enhance the security of your ATM card. However, you also need to take some precautions to keep your PIN number safe, such as:
- Do not share your PIN number with anyone, including family members, friends or bank staff.
- Do not write down your PIN number or store it in your phone or computer.
- Do not use obvious numbers for your PIN number, such as your date of birth, phone number or repeated digits.
- Do not use the same PIN number for different cards or accounts.
- Do not enter your PIN number in front of others or let anyone see it when you use it at the ATM or merchant terminal.
- Do not respond to any calls, emails or messages that ask for your PIN number or other personal information.
- Report any lost or stolen cards or suspicious transactions to AmBank immediately.
Changing your AmBank ATM card PIN number online is a quick and easy way to secure your card and enjoy peace of mind. You can do it in 3 simple steps with AmOnline, AmBank’s internet and mobile banking service. You can also enjoy other benefits of AmOnline, such as checking your balance, paying bills, transferring funds and more.
We hope that this blog post has helped you learn how to change your AmBank ATM card PIN number online. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below or contact us at AmBank Customer Service.