If you are a Maybank customer, you might be familiar with the MAE app, which is a digital banking platform that allows you to manage your money, pay bills, transfer funds, and more. But did you know that you can also change your security PIN for the MAE app anytime you want?
Your security PIN is a 6-digit number that you use to log in to the MAE app and approve transactions. It is different from the Secure2u feature, which is another layer of security that uses Secure Verification (one-tap approval) or Secure TAC (6-digit TAC number generated on your app) to authorise transactions.
Changing your security PIN regularly is a good practice to protect your account from unauthorised access. In this article, we will show you how to change your MAE app security PIN in a few simple steps.
What You Need
Before you proceed, make sure you have the following:
- The MAE app installed on your smartphone. You can download it from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery.
- Your Maybank2u ID and password. If you don’t have one, you can register online at https://www.maybank2u.com.my/home/m2u/common/login.do
- Your mobile phone number registered with Maybank. If you need to update your mobile number, you can do so at any Maybank branch or ATM.
How to Change Your MAE App Security PIN
Once you have everything ready, follow these steps to change your MAE app security PIN:
- Launch the MAE app and log in with your Maybank2u ID and password.
- Tap on the ‘More’ icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on ‘Settings’ and then ‘Security Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Change Security PIN’.
- Enter your current security PIN and then your new security PIN twice.
- Tap on ‘Confirm’ and you’re done!
You will receive a confirmation message on your app and an SMS notification on your registered mobile number.
Tips for Choosing a Strong Security PIN
When choosing a new security PIN, here are some tips to make it more secure:
- Avoid using obvious or easy-to-guess numbers, such as 123456, 111111, or your birth date.
- Use a combination of different digits, such as 482957 or 936421.
- Don’t use the same security PIN for other apps or accounts.
- Don’t share your security PIN with anyone or write it down anywhere.
How to Activate Secure2u on Your MAE App
As mentioned earlier, Secure2u is an additional security feature that uses Secure Verification or Secure TAC to authorise transactions on the MAE app or Maybank2u web. It is safer and quicker than SMS TAC, as it pairs your device with your Maybank2u account and reduces your exposure to TAC fraud.
To activate Secure2u on your MAE app, follow these steps:
- Launch the MAE app and tap on ‘Secure2u’ under Quick Actions.
- Tap on ‘Activate Now’.
- Confirm your mobile number and enter the One Time Password (OTP) received via SMS.
- Enter your M2U ID number.
- Confirm your device name and you are all set!
You can now use Secure2u to approve transactions on the MAE app or Maybank2u web.
Changing your MAE app security PIN is easy and convenient with these steps. It is also important to activate Secure2u on your MAE app for extra protection and peace of mind. With these features, you can enjoy a safer and smoother digital banking experience with Maybank.
We hope this article has been helpful for you. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment below or contact Maybank customer service at 1-300 88 6688.