If you are a Bank Islam customer, you might need to change your phone number for various reasons. Maybe you lost your phone, switched to a new provider, or just want to update your personal details. Whatever the reason, changing your phone number is important to ensure you can receive OTP/TAC codes for online banking transactions.
In this article, we will show you how to change your phone number with Bank Islam in three easy ways: online, at the ATM, or at the branch. We will also share some tips and tricks to make the process smoother and faster. Let’s get started!
1. Change Your Phone Number Online
The easiest and most convenient way to change your phone number with Bank Islam is online. You can do it from anywhere and anytime, as long as you have internet access and your user ID and password. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Bank Islam IB and log in with your user ID and password.
- Select the “Settings” tab and click on “Mobile Number Maintenance”.
- Enter your new phone number and click on “Submit”.
- On the verification page, read and check your new phone number and click on “Confirm”.
That’s it! You have successfully changed your phone number with Bank Islam online. You should receive a confirmation message on your new phone number shortly.
2. Change Your Phone Number at the ATM
Another way to change your phone number with Bank Islam is at the ATM. You will need your ATM/debit card and your new phone number for this method. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the nearest ATM and insert your ATM/debit card and PIN.
- Select the “Online Banking” or “Perbankan Internet” menu.
- Enter your new phone number and take the receipt that comes out.
- If the change is successful, your new phone number will be activated immediately.
However, sometimes you might encounter some problems when changing your phone number at the ATM. If that happens, you will need to go to the nearest branch and ask for assistance from the Bank Islam staff.
3. Change Your Phone Number at the Branch
The last option to change your phone number with Bank Islam is at the branch. You will need your identification document (such as IC or passport) and your new phone number for this method. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to any Bank Islam branch. You don’t have to go to the original branch where you opened your account.
- Meet the customer service officer at the counter and tell them that you want to change your phone number.
- The officer will give you a form to update your information. Fill in the form correctly and make sure you write your new phone number clearly.
- Submit the form to the officer along with your identification document. The officer will check and verify your information.
- Wait until the officer confirms that your phone number has been updated in the system.
That’s all! You have successfully changed your phone number with Bank Islam at the branch.
Why I Don’t Receive TAC/IAC/OTP from Bank Islam?
Sometimes, you might not receive TAC/IAC/OTP codes from Bank Islam even after changing your phone number. This could be due to several reasons, such as:
- Your phone is out of coverage or has low battery.
- Your phone has blocked or filtered SMS messages from unknown numbers.
- Your phone has insufficient storage space or memory.
- Your phone has malware or viruses that interfere with SMS messages.
- Your phone number is registered with another bank or service provider that uses the same SMS gateway as Bank Islam.
To solve this problem, you can try these solutions:
- Make sure your phone is on, charged, and has good signal reception.
- Check your phone settings and allow SMS messages from unknown numbers.
- Delete some old or unwanted SMS messages or files from your phone.
- Scan your phone for malware or viruses and remove them if found.
- Contact Bank Islam Contact Centre at +603-26 900 900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check if there is any issue with your phone number registration.
Changing your phone number with Bank Islam is not difficult if you know how to do it. You can choose any of the three methods we have shown you: online, at the ATM, or at the branch. Just make sure you have all the necessary information and documents before you proceed.
We hope this article has been helpful for you. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!