Are you looking to conveniently manage your BSN accounts online and enjoy the benefits of internet banking? Look no further! You can register for a myBSN account, the internet banking service provided by Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) in Malaysia.
With myBSN, you can access and manage your BSN accounts with ease, including tasks like bill payments, fund transfers, prepaid card top-ups, and more. In this guide, we’ll take you through the registration process in 5 simple steps, along with tips on secure and efficient usage.
Step 1: Visit the myBSN Website
Begin by visiting the official myBSN website at https://www.mybsn.com.my. Alternatively, you can access it via the BSN website by clicking on the “Login” section and selecting “myBSN.”
Once on the myBSN website, click on the “Register” button located in the top right corner. This will take you to the initial registration page.
Step 2: Read and Accept the Terms and Conditions
Before proceeding with the registration, take a moment to read and accept myBSN’s terms and conditions. These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations governing your use of myBSN’s services.
To review the terms and conditions, click on the link labeled “Terms & Conditions.” A new window will display the full text, which you can also download as a PDF for reference.
After reading the terms and conditions, return to the registration page, check the box that says “I have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions,” and click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: Enter Your Card and Personal Details
In this step, you’ll need to provide your card and personal information. Specifically, you’ll be asked to input the following details:
- Your BSN debit or credit card number.
- Your PIN (applicable to debit cards only).
- Your card’s expiry date.
- Your CVV2, the three-digit security code found on the back of your card.
- Your new IC, old IC, or passport number.
Ensure the accuracy of the information you provide. If any errors occur, you can reset the fields by clicking the “Clear” button. After entering the required details, click “Next” to proceed.
Step 4: Create Your User ID and Password
Now it’s time to create your user ID and password for your myBSN account. Follow these guidelines:
- Your user ID should consist of 8 to 20 characters.
- Avoid including spaces or special characters in your user ID.
- Ensure your user ID differs from your card number, IC/passport number, or any similar identifiers.
- Your password should be between 8 and 20 characters.
- Include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one special character in your password.
- Ensure your password is distinct from your user ID, card number, and IC/passport number.
You’ll also need to input a one-time password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number via SMS to verify your identity and complete the registration. Additionally, choose a security image from a list; this image will appear whenever you log in to your myBSN account, serving as a security feature to confirm you’re on the genuine myBSN website.
Once your user ID and password are set, click “Next” to finalize your registration.
Step 5: Activate Your myBSN Access
To activate your myBSN access, you have two options:
- Visit any nearby BSN branch to seek assistance from their staff.
- Call BSN Contact Centre at 1-300-88-1900 / +603-2613 1900 (Overseas) and follow the provided instructions.
During activation, you’ll be asked to provide your user ID and OTP for verification. Once the activation process is complete, you can immediately start using your myBSN account.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully registered for a myBSN account.
Tips and Tricks for Using myBSN
Now that you have your myBSN account, consider these tips and tricks for using it efficiently and securely:
- Always log out of your myBSN account after each session.
- Never share your user ID, password, or OTP with anyone.
- Regularly change your password, ensuring it’s strong and unique.
- Be cautious of phishing emails or websites requesting myBSN details.
- Routinely review your account balance and transaction history, reporting any suspicious activity.
- Keep your personal and contact information up to date.
- Explore the range of services offered by myBSN, such as fund transfers, bill payments, credit card payments, e-SSP savings, PIN purchases, prepaid reloads, standing instructions, financing payments, e-statement downloads, online applications, secure message inboxes, and more.
For further guidance on using myBSN, refer to the FAQ section on the myBSN website or contact BSN Contact Centre at 1-300-88-1900 / +603-2613 1900 (Overseas).
With these 5 simple steps, you’ve successfully registered for a myBSN account. We hope this guide has been informative and useful to you. If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Thank you for choosing myBSN, and enjoy your online banking experience!