If you are looking to open a bank account in Malaysia, RHB Bank offers a range of banking solutions for both personal and business needs. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to register an RHB account in Malaysia, whether it’s a savings account, current account, or any other type of account you require.
Step 1: Choose the Right RHB Account Type
RHB Bank offers various types of accounts to cater to different banking needs. Some of the common account types include:
- Savings Account: Ideal for individuals who want a basic account for their day-to-day banking needs.
- Current Account: Suitable for those who require more frequent transactions and check-writing capabilities.
- Fixed Deposit Account: If you’re looking to save a specific amount of money for a fixed period while earning competitive interest rates, a fixed deposit account is a good choice.
- Islamic Account: RHB Islamic accounts are Shariah-compliant and offer similar features to conventional accounts but with Islamic principles.
Choose the account type that best suits your financial requirements.
Step 2: Gather the Required Documents
To open an RHB Bank account, you’ll need to provide certain documents and information. Here’s what you typically need:
- Proof of Identity: Malaysian citizens should provide their MyKad (National Identity Card), while foreigners will need their passport. Make sure to bring the original and a photocopy.
- Proof of Address: A utility bill, tenancy agreement, or any official document that verifies your residential address. This should be a recent document and match the address you provide during the application.
- Income Proof: If you’re opening a savings or current account, you may need to provide proof of income, such as pay slips, tax returns, or bank statements. This requirement may vary depending on the type of account you’re opening.
It’s a good idea to contact your preferred RHB branch in advance to confirm the specific documents required based on your chosen account type.
Step 3: Visit an RHB Branch or Apply Online
You have two options for opening an RHB Bank account:
Option 1: Visit an RHB Branch
- Locate the nearest RHB Bank branch to your location. You can find branch locations on the RHB Bank website or by using their mobile app.
- Head to the branch with the required documents and speak to a bank officer.
- Inform the bank officer about the type of account you wish to open and provide all necessary documents and information.
- The bank officer will guide you through the account opening process, provide you with the account details, and issue any relevant banking cards.
Option 2: Apply Online
- Visit the RHB Bank website and navigate to the account registration or application section.
- Choose the type of account you want to open.
- Complete the online application form by providing your personal details, contact information, and uploading the required documents.
- Review the application and submit it electronically.
- You will receive an email or notification regarding the status of your application.
- If your application is approved, you may need to visit an RHB branch to verify your identity and collect any banking cards or documents.
Please note that account opening procedures may vary based on the type of account you choose and may be subject to change based on the bank’s policies and regulations.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully registered for an RHB Bank account in Malaysia. You can now start enjoying the banking services and benefits that come with your chosen account type.
Keep in mind that maintaining the required minimum balance and adhering to the bank’s terms and conditions will help you make the most of your RHB Bank account.