Becoming a Grab driver-partner in Malaysia can be a flexible and rewarding way to earn extra income. Here are the easy steps to guide you through the registration process in 2023:
Benefits of Driving with Grab
Before you start the registration process, it’s essential to understand the benefits of driving with Grab:
- Flexible Hours: You can choose when and how long to work, giving you control over your schedule.
- Instant Cash Out: You can cash out your earnings instantly to your bank account whenever you want.
- Insurance Coverage: Grab provides free Group Personal Accident insurance for drivers, ensuring protection in case of accidents while on the job.
- PSV License Subsidy: Grab offers up to 100% subsidy for your Public Service Vehicle (PSV) license needs nationwide.
- Rewards and Prizes: You can participate in programs like Liga Juara Rakan Grab and win prizes like cars and smartphones.
- Exclusive Benefits: Access GrabBenefits for perks such as petrol vouchers, discounts on car maintenance, and health insurance.
- Driver-Partner App: Use the all-in-one Grab driver-partner app to receive ride requests, track earnings, and get real-time updates on high-demand areas.
- Safety Features: Enjoy safety features like Share My Ride, Audio Protect, Driver-partner Fatigue Management, Cashless Midnight, and Telematics Data.
- Networking: Expand your network and meet people from diverse backgrounds.
Requirements to Become a Grab Driver-Partner
To become a Grab driver-partner in Malaysia, you must meet the following criteria:
- Malaysian Citizen: You must be a Malaysian citizen aged between 21 and 69 years old.
- Eligible Vehicle: You need to own a vehicle that is not older than 15 years.
- Smartphone: You should have a smartphone capable of running the Grab driver app.
- Driving License: Possess a valid Malaysian Competent Driving License (CDL).
- Bank Account: Have a personal bank account with the same NRIC as your driving license.
- PSV License: Possess an E-Hailing PSV license, effective from 12th October 2019.
- Clean Record: Pass background checks and have no criminal record or previous bans or terminations as a Grab driver-partner.
Now, let’s go through the steps to register as a Grab driver-partner in Malaysia in 2023:
- Visit the official Grab registration page at https://register.grab.com/my.
- Fill out the registration form with your personal and vehicle details.
- Upload the necessary documents for verification, including your NRIC, driving license, vehicle grant or ownership certificate, vehicle insurance cover note or policy, road tax disc or receipt, PSV license, and medical check-up report. Ensure you provide accurate and complete information.
- Complete the online training modules available on the Grab driver app. These modules cover topics related to safety, service quality, app usage, and policies.
- After submitting your registration, wait for Grab to review and approve your application. Typically, this process takes up to 24 hours (Monday to Friday) after form submission.
- Once approved, you can start driving and earning with Grab!
Tips for Driving with Grab
To make the most of your experience as a Grab driver-partner, consider these tips:
- Plan your driving schedule to maximize earnings during peak hours or in high-demand areas.
- Utilize the My Destination feature in the Grab driver app to plan efficient journeys that suit your preferences.
- Maintain a clean and well-maintained vehicle to ensure passenger safety and comfort.
- Be courteous and friendly to passengers, respecting their preferences regarding music, air-conditioning, and conversation.
- Adhere to traffic rules and prioritize safety at all times. Avoid speeding, tailgating, or using your phone while driving.
- Keep records of expenses such as petrol, tolls, and parking fees, as these may be tax-deductible.
- Take advantage of the GrabBenefits program to access exclusive rewards and discounts for Grab driver-partners.
- Engage with the Grab driver-partner community on platforms like Facebook or Telegram to exchange tips and feedback.