DuitNow is a service that allows you to transfer money instantly using an ID such as a mobile number, NRIC number, or business registration number. You don’t need to know the recipient’s bank account number or branch code. You can use DuitNow to transfer money from Islamic Bank to other banks in Malaysia, such as Maybank, CIMB, RHB, and more. Here are the steps to do it:
Step 1: Register your DuitNow ID with Islamic Bank
- You need to register your DuitNow ID with Islamic Bank before you can use it to receive money. You can choose any ID that is linked to your bank account, such as your mobile number or NRIC number.
- You can register your DuitNow ID online via Internet Banking, GO by Bank Islam app, ATM, or at any branch. The registration is free and only takes a few minutes.
- You can only link one bank account to one DuitNow ID. If you want to change the bank account or bank linked to your DuitNow ID, you need to de-register it first and then register it again with the new bank account or bank.
Step 2: Log in to your Islamic Bank Internet Banking or GO by Bank Islam app
- To transfer money using DuitNow, you need to log in to your Islamic Bank Internet Banking or GO by Bank Islam app. If you don’t have an account yet, you can sign up online or at any branch.
- Once you log in, you will see the DuitNow logo under the ‘Funds Transfer’ or ‘Send Money’ menu. Click on it to proceed.
Step 3: Enter the recipient’s DuitNow ID and amount
- You need to enter the recipient’s DuitNow ID, which can be their mobile number, NRIC number, passport number, or business registration number. You don’t need to know their bank account number or branch code.
- You also need to enter the amount that you want to transfer. The minimum amount is RM0.01 and the maximum amount is RM50,000 per transaction. There are no fees or charges for using DuitNow.
- You will see the recipient’s name and bank after you enter their DuitNow ID. You need to verify that the details are correct before you proceed.
Step 4: Confirm the transfer details and enter your TAC
- You will see a summary of the transfer details on the screen. You need to confirm that everything is correct before you proceed.
- You will also need to enter your Transaction Authorization Code (TAC) that will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS. This is a security feature that ensures that only you can authorize the transfer.
Step 5: Receive confirmation and receipt
- Once you enter your TAC and confirm the transfer, you will receive a confirmation message on the screen. You will also receive an SMS notification from Islamic Bank.
- You can view the receipt of the transfer online via Internet Banking or GO by Bank Islam app. You can also download or print it for your reference.
That’s it! You have successfully transferred money from Islamic Bank to other banks using DuitNow in Malaysia in 5 easy steps. You can use this service anytime and anywhere, as long as you have internet access and a registered DuitNow ID.