Transferring money from your Public Bank (PBB) account to other banks in Malaysia can be done conveniently using the PBe App, Public Bank’s online banking platform. Here are the steps to transfer money from your Public Bank account to other banks using the PBe App:
Note: Make sure you have the PBe App installed on your mobile device and have logged in to your PBe account.
1. Access the PBe App
Open the PBe App on your mobile device and log in using your PBe credentials, including your username and password. If you haven’t registered for PBe or activated your mobile banking, you will need to do so first.
2. Navigate to the Funds Transfer Section
Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Funds Transfer” or “Transfer” section of the PBe App. The exact location of this option may vary depending on the app’s layout, but it is typically found in the main menu.
3. Select the Type of Transfer
In the “Funds Transfer” section, you will usually have different options for transferring funds. Choose the type of transfer you want to make. Here are some common options:
- Interbank GIRO (IBG): This is a standard bank-to-bank transfer service that allows you to send money to accounts in other banks. You will need the recipient’s bank account number and the bank’s name for this type of transfer.
- Instant Transfer (IBFT): Instant Transfer is a faster way to transfer funds to other banks within Malaysia. You will also need the recipient’s bank account number and the bank’s name.
- DuitNow: DuitNow is a service that allows you to transfer money using the recipient’s mobile number, NRIC number, or business registration number. You don’t need to know the recipient’s bank account details.
- Foreign Telegraphic Transfer (FTT): If you need to send money to an overseas bank account, you can use this option. You will need the recipient’s bank account details and international bank identifier codes (e.g., SWIFT/BIC code).
Choose the appropriate transfer type based on your needs.
4. Enter Recipient Details
After selecting the type of transfer, you will be prompted to enter the recipient’s details. This typically includes the recipient’s bank account number, bank name, recipient’s name, and the transfer amount. Double-check the information to ensure accuracy.
5. Review and Confirm
Once you have entered all the required details, review the transaction information to make sure it is correct. Pay attention to the recipient’s bank account number and name, as mistakes in these details can lead to failed transfers or delays. If everything is accurate, confirm the transaction.
6. Verify with TAC (Transaction Authorization Code)
For security purposes, the PBe App will require you to verify the transaction using a Transaction Authorization Code (TAC). You will receive the TAC via SMS to your registered mobile number. Enter the TAC in the app to authorize the transfer.
7. Transaction Confirmation
After successfully verifying the TAC, the PBe App will confirm the transaction’s success, and you will receive a transaction reference number for your records. You can also view the transaction details in your transaction history.
That’s it! You have successfully transferred money from your Public Bank account to another bank using the PBe App. Be sure to keep the transaction reference number as proof of the transfer.
Please note that transaction options and fees may vary, so it’s a good idea to check with Public Bank for specific details regarding your account and the type of transfer you wish to make. Always ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover the transfer amount and any associated fees.