If you’re a Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG user and want to stop using it, whether you’re switching to a different payment method or selling your car, we’ll guide you through the process of terminating your Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG using the TNG app in Malaysia.
What Is Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG?
The Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG is a sticker placed on your car’s windscreen or headlamp, utilizing radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for seamless toll payments on certain highways. You can link it to your Touch ‘n Go eWallet for online balance top-ups.
Why You Might Want to Stop Using Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG
Several reasons may lead you to discontinue using your Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG:
- You prefer to switch to an alternative payment method, like the enhanced Touch ‘n Go card directly reloaded through the eWallet app.
- You plan to sell your car or transfer ownership.
- You need to change your car’s windscreen or headlamp, necessitating the removal of the RFID TAG sticker.
- You’re dissatisfied with the RFID service or face technical problems.
How to Stop Using Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG
If you’ve decided to stop using your Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG, follow these three straightforward steps:
Step 1: Unlink Your RFID TAG from Your eWallet
- Open the TNG app on your smartphone and log in.
- Tap the “RFID” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the RFID TAG you wish to stop using.
- Tap “Unlink” and confirm by selecting “Yes, Unlink.”
Step 2: Remove the RFID TAG from Your Car
- Find the RFID TAG sticker on your car’s windscreen or headlamp.
- Carefully peel off the sticker and dispose of it properly.
- Don’t reuse or transfer the sticker to another vehicle or person since it’s unique and tied to your eWallet account.
Step 3: Contact Touch ‘n Go Customer Service
- Reach out to Touch ‘n Go customer service by calling 03-2714 8888 or emailing email@example.com.
- Inform them that you’ve unlinked and removed your RFID TAG and request a service termination.
- Provide your details, including your name, IC number, phone number, email address, and RFID TAG number.
That’s it! You’ve successfully discontinued your use of the Touch ‘n Go RFID TAG. If you decide to use it again in the future, you’ll need to purchase a new RFID self-fitment kit through the eWallet app or visit a participating fitment center.