If you need to transfer money from your Maybank account to an Islamic Bank account in Malaysia, DuitNow provides a convenient and efficient solution. DuitNow allows you to send and receive money instantly using various identifiers like your mobile number, NRIC, passport number, or business registration number, eliminating the need to remember or enter account numbers. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process in five easy steps, whether you prefer to use Maybank2u web or the Maybank app.
Step 1: Register Your DuitNow ID with Maybank
Before you can start using DuitNow for transfers, you need to register your DuitNow ID with Maybank. This is a one-time process that links your preferred account number with your chosen ID, such as your mobile number or NRIC.
To register your DuitNow ID via Maybank2u web, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Maybank2u account.
- Go to ‘Apply.’
- Select ‘DuitNow’ and click ‘Apply Now’ to initiate DuitNow ID registration.
- Choose your preferred account number to associate with your ID number within Maybank2u.
- Click ‘Done’ to complete the registration.
For registration via the Maybank app, follow these steps:
- Launch the Maybank app and log in.
- Select ‘Me’ from the side menu.
- Tap on ‘DuitNow’ and choose ‘Register’ to start DuitNow ID registration.
- Choose your preferred account number to link with your ID within the app.
- Tap ‘Done’ to finish the registration.
Step 2: Obtain the Recipient’s DuitNow ID
To proceed with your DuitNow transfer, you’ll need the recipient’s DuitNow ID, which can be their mobile number, NRIC, passport number, or business registration number. You can obtain this information directly from the recipient, or you may find it on their bank statement or invoice.
Alternatively, if the recipient’s bank supports DuitNow Transfer, you can use their account number as a DuitNow ID.
Step 3: Initiate the Money Transfer
Once you have the recipient’s DuitNow ID, you can begin the money transfer process through either Maybank2u web or the Maybank app. The steps are similar for both platforms, with minor differences in the user interface.
For transferring money through Maybank2u web, follow these steps:
- Log in to Maybank2u.
- Click on ‘Pay and Transfer.’
- Select ‘Transfer To: DuitNow.’
- Click ‘New Transfer’ and choose the recipient’s DuitNow ID type.
- Enter the recipient’s DuitNow ID details, such as DuitNow ID number, transfer amount, and recipient reference.
- Click ‘Transfer.’
- Provide your TAC number for verification and click ‘Confirm.’
For transferring money through the Maybank app, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Maybank app.
- Tap ‘Transfer.’
- Select ‘Transfer via DuitNow.’
- Choose the account from which you want to debit the amount.
- Tap ‘New Transfer,’ enter the recipient’s DuitNow ID details (DuitNow ID number), and select ‘Continue.’
- Enter the transfer amount and recipient reference, and then select ‘Continue.’
- Review the transfer details, and when ready, tap ‘Confirm.’
Step 4: Confirm Transfer Details and Receipt
After confirming the transfer, you’ll receive a confirmation screen displaying the transfer details and receipt. It’s crucial to review this information to ensure accuracy and verify that it matches the recipient’s name and bank.
You can also access your transaction history and monitor the status of your transfer within your Maybank2u web or app. Additionally, you’ll receive an SMS notification when the transfer is successfully processed.
Step 5: Notify the Recipient
To complete the process, inform the recipient of the money transfer. You can do this by sending them a screenshot of the receipt or a message that includes the transaction reference number. This will enable the recipient to check their account balance and confirm that the money has been received.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully transferred money from your Maybank account to an Islamic Bank account using DuitNow in Malaysia. It’s a fast, user-friendly, and hassle-free way to send funds.
DuitNow offers a convenient and secure method for transferring money instantly from your Maybank account to an Islamic Bank account in Malaysia. With DuitNow, you can use identifiers like mobile numbers, NRIC, passport numbers, or business registration numbers, making transfers effortless.
To utilize DuitNow, you’ll need to register your DuitNow ID with Maybank and obtain the recipient’s DuitNow ID. Then, follow the easy five-step process to transfer money, ensuring that you confirm the transfer details and notify the recipient.
DuitNow simplifies fund transfers, eliminating the need to remember or input account numbers. Plus, it allows for multiple, future, and recurring transfers using your registered DuitNow ID.
We hope this guide has helped you understand how to use DuitNow for transferring money between Maybank and Islamic Bank accounts in Malaysia. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment. Thank you for reading!