Are you looking for a way to finance your tertiary education in Malaysia? If you are a Bumiputera student with excellent academic results and co-curricular achievements, you may be eligible for a study loan from Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA). MARA is a government agency that provides various education financing schemes for Bumiputera students who want to pursue diploma or degree programmes locally or abroad. In this article, we will show you how to apply for MARA study loan in Malaysia in 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Choose the right MARA study loan programme for you
MARA offers different study loan programmes depending on your level of study, field of study, and choice of institution. Here are some of the most popular MARA study loan programmes for diploma and degree levels:
- Excellent Student Program (IPMa): This programme is specifically for excellent students from MARA Institute of Education (IPMa) who want to further their diploma and first degree study both locally and abroad. Students are selected based on their academic achievement and co-curricular involvement while in IPMa. You can find out more about the eligibility criteria and application guidelines here.
- Tertiary Excellent Sponsorship Programme (TESP): This programme is for Bumiputera students who have completed SPM, STPM, STAM, or equivalent qualifications and want to pursue diploma or first degree programmes locally or abroad. Students are selected based on their academic achievement, co-curricular involvement, and financial background. You can find out more about the eligibility criteria and application guidelines here.
- Graduate Excellent Programme (GrEP): This programme is for Bumiputera students who have completed their first degree and want to pursue postgraduate programmes locally or abroad. Students are selected based on their academic achievement, co-curricular involvement, research potential, and financial background. You can find out more about the eligibility criteria and application guidelines here.
Step 2: Prepare the required documents and information
Before you apply for MARA study loan online, you need to prepare the following documents and information:
- A valid email address and phone number
- A copy of your identity card (IC) or passport
- A copy of your parents’ or guardians’ identity card (IC) or passport
- A copy of your parents’ or guardians’ income statement or payslip
- A copy of your academic transcripts or certificates
- A copy of your offer letter from the institution of your choice
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- A copy of your co-curricular certificates or awards
- A passport-sized photo
You may also need to provide additional documents depending on the programme you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for GrEP, you may need to provide a copy of your research proposal, a letter of recommendation from your supervisor, and a proof of English proficiency.
Step 3: Apply online through MyEduloan portal
Once you have prepared all the required documents and information, you can apply online through MyEduloan portal at https://myeduloan.mara.gov.my/v3. MyEduloan is an online system that allows you to manage your MARA study loan application and repayment. To apply online, you need to follow these steps:
- Register as a new user by filling in your personal details and creating a username and password.
- Log in to your account and choose the programme you want to apply for.
- Fill in the online application form with the required information and upload the required documents.
- Review your application and submit it before the deadline.
- Wait for the notification of your application status via email or SMS.
You can also check your application status online by logging in to your account and clicking on “Status Permohonan”. If your application is successful, you will receive an offer letter from MARA with the details of your study loan agreement. You need to accept the offer letter and sign the agreement within the stipulated time.