If you want to cut down on your TNB electricity bill, consider using the Maybank2u app for online bill payments. This method offers both convenience and security while providing opportunities to reduce your electricity expenses.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to pay your TNB electricity bill using the Maybank2u app in Malaysia. We’ll also share tips on lowering your electricity consumption and staying updated with TNB’s latest news and updates.
Why Pay Your TNB Electricity Bill with Maybank2u?
Maybank2u is a widely used online banking platform in Malaysia, serving over 11 million users. It enables various banking transactions, including money transfers, bill payments, balance checks, and more. Paying your TNB electricity bill through Maybank2u comes with several advantages:
- Convenience: You can make payments anytime, anywhere, as long as you have internet access and a smartphone or computer. No need to visit Kedai Tenaga or the post office in person, saving you time and effort.
- Security: Maybank2u employs encryption and verification methods to ensure the security of your account and personal information. This eliminates concerns about losing your bill or exposing your details to fraudsters.
- Rewards: Paying your bill through Maybank2u may earn you rewards such as cashback, points, or vouchers. For instance, from March 1, 2023, to February 28, 2024, you have a chance to win up to RM1,000 when using JomPAY on Maybank2u for your electricity bill payments.
- Savings: Using Maybank2u to pay your bill is cost-free; there are no additional fees or charges. Additionally, you can monitor your electricity usage and make adjustments to lower your bill.
How to Pay Your TNB Electricity Bill with Maybank2u?
You have two options for paying your TNB electricity bill through Maybank2u: via JomPAY or through direct debit.
Pay via JomPAY
JomPAY is a national bill payment system that allows you to pay bills from any bank account or credit card in Malaysia. Here’s how to pay your TNB electricity bill via JomPAY on Maybank2u:
- Log in to www.maybank2u.com.my using your username and password.
- Click on “Pay & Transfer” at the top right corner.
- Under “Pay,” select the account to “Pay From.”
- Under “Pay To,” choose “JomPAY” and enter TNB’s biller code, which is 5454.
- Fill in the payment details, including your reference number (TNB account number), the payment amount, and the effective date.
- Click “Pay” and follow the steps to complete your payment.
You’ll receive a confirmation message and a reference number for your payment. You can also review your payment history on Maybank2u.
Pay via Direct Debit
Direct debit allows TNB to automatically deduct your electricity bill from your bank account each month. Here’s how to set up direct debit for your TNB electricity bill using Maybank2u:
- Log in to www.mytnb.com.my using your username and password.
- Go to “Payment Methods” and select “Direct Debit.”
- Choose “Maybank Berhad” as your bank and provide necessary information, including your name, IC number, email address, phone number, bank account number, and TNB account number.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions, then click “Submit.”
- You’ll receive an email confirmation from TNB with a link to verify your direct debit registration.
- Click the link, log in to Maybank2u, and confirm your direct debit registration by entering the TAC number sent to your phone.
- You’ll receive another email confirmation from TNB, indicating that your direct debit registration is successful.
With direct debit, your TNB electricity bill will be automatically deducted from your bank account each month. You can also view your payment history on myTNB.
How to Save Money on Your TNB Electricity Bill?
In addition to using Maybank2u for bill payments, you can reduce your electricity bill by adopting these strategies:
- Use energy-efficient appliances: Appliances with a 5-star energy rating, such as LED lights, energy-efficient air conditioners, refrigerators, and washing machines, can save up to 30% on electricity costs. Smart devices like smart plugs, thermostats, and meters allow remote monitoring and control of electricity usage.
- Adjust your thermostat: Set your air conditioner to 24°C or higher and use fans to circulate air. Employ curtains, blinds, or shades to block sunlight and reduce indoor heat.
- Turn off and unplug: Switch off and unplug appliances not in use, such as TVs, computers, chargers, and routers. Power strips or extension cords with switches can help turn off multiple devices at once.
- Utilize natural light and ventilation: Open windows and doors during the day to let in fresh air and natural light. At night, use lamps or candles to save electricity.
- Leverage ICPT rebates or surcharges: Take advantage of the Imbalance Cost Pass-Through (ICPT) mechanism, which adjusts tariffs based on fuel and generation costs. For the period from July 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, domestic customers consuming up to 1,500 kWh monthly will receive a 2 sen/kWh rebate, while those using more than 1,500 kWh will incur a 10 sen/kWh surcharge. Adjust your consumption to stay within the rebate threshold or avoid the surcharge.
- Stay informed with TNB updates: Keep up to date with TNB’s latest news and updates by visiting their website, following their social media accounts, or subscribing to their newsletter. You can also contact their customer service center at 1-300-88-5454 for inquiries or feedback. Some recent TNB news highlights include:
- TNB’s commitment to accelerating energy transition initiatives, aligning with the National Energy Transition Roadmap (NETR) aiming for a 70% renewable energy installed capacity share of 55 GW by 2050, and the cessation of new coal power plants.
- Introduction of the Green Electricity Tariff (GET) scheme, allowing customers to support green energy sources by purchasing renewable energy certificates from TNB at a premium rate of RM0.06 per kWh.
- Upcoming launch of renewable energy certificate trading via TNBX’s Green Attribute Tracking System, enabling customers to buy and sell renewable energy certificates from various sources and markets.
Paying your TNB electricity bill through Maybank2u offers a convenient, secure, and rewarding way to save money. In addition to online payments, you can decrease your electricity expenses by reducing consumption and staying informed about TNB’s initiatives.
We hope this guide helps you understand how to use the Maybank2u app to pay your TNB electricity bill in Malaysia. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to share them below. Thank you for reading!