The name “Ampang” is derived from the construction of a dam in the area by Chinese miners who used it for mining tin. The name “Ampang” is derived from the Malay word “empang,” which means dam. The Ampang area has a long history that is closely tied to the history of Kuala Lumpur and the tin mining industry.
During the Second World War, the area was briefly ruled by the Communist Party, and it was used as a place to execute Japanese sympathizers. In 1969, Ampang was spared from the 13th of May riots due to the efforts of the government and community leaders to prevent conflicts between the Malay and Chinese communities.
Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya Hotline / Call Center:
Here are the call centre Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya malaysia:
- Call: 1800-22-8100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: mpaj.gov.my
- Address: Jalan Pandan Utama, Pandan Indah, 56100 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia
Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya Social Media:
Here are the social media account for Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya:
- Twitter: twitter.com/mp_ampangjaya
- Facebook: facebook.com/PejabatZon11MPAJ
- Instagram: instagram.com/mp_ampangjaya/